Find yourself getting frequent colds? Your immune system may not be functioning as it´s supposed to
A well functioning immune system is necessary for optimal health. But how do you get one? Follow these recommendations to aid your body fight off the bugs and make room for health.
1.Take probiotics. Probiotics are the good bacteria that go into the digestive system and aid in the digestion of food. Research has linked the strength of the immune system to the quantity of good bacteria inside the stomach. Good sources are yogurt, fermented vegetables (miso, sauerkraut) and fermented tea (kombucha).
2. Avoid sugary foods. Sugar is an anti-nutrient. I am talking about the refined simple sugars that contain no nutrients and, upon entering the body, take nutrients away from the body’s storage in order to be metabolized. Once these storehouses are depleted, further weakening our body and making our immune system face an even greater challenge in fighting off colds and flus.
3. Get nervous system checked. Your nervous system (brain and spinal cord) controls every cell, tissue, organ, and organ system within your body. The key here is to be sure that your spine is in its proper alignment so it can send out correct and unhindered signals to the rest of your body. See your chiropractor today!
4. DON’T let stress get to you. The more stress you subject yourself to, the weaker your immune system becomes. When our body is under stress we produce more cortisol, which is a stress hormone that increases blood pressure and blood sugar leading to a weakened immune system. Perhaps stress-relieving techniques such as meditation, yoga and exercise is something you want to try ?
5. Take Vitamin D3 supplement. The «sunshine vitamin» is necessary to switch on the genes that activate the immune response. The primary source is sun exposure which very few of us get enough of, especially since sunscreen blocks it out. Many foods rich in Vitamin D aren´t very common in the typical modern diet, like fish liver oil, beef liver and egg yolks.
Healthy New Year!
Often, when I tell people that chiropractic can help children, I see very surprised faces. It’s something that not many people are aware of; even those that already are under chiropractic care.
Chiropractors around the world give care to thousands of children every day. Chiropractic care is a natural and noninvasive form of care and can help children better fight off chronic childhood illnesses, such as ear infections, that traditionally are being treated with medications. You may wonder HOW?
The nerve system controls and coordinates all systems of the body, including the regulation of the immune system. Is a healthy functioning spine important for the child’s nerve system? YES is the right answer! Why? The bony structures of the spine protect the nerve system, specifically the spinal cord and spinal nerve roots. When a vertebra is out of it’s original position, it can put pressure on the surrounding nerve structures - which interferes with the nerve messages between the brain and the body and vive versa. As a result the brain, that intelligently runs our bodies, is less able to create function and coordination, which translates into true health.
Otitis Media, one of the most common childhood illnesses, is referred to as ear infection. Typically the primary symptoms are pain and discomfort in the area surrounding the ear, as well as: fever, fluid draining, loss of appetite, grumpy behavior and trouble sleeping.
Traditionally, ear infections are treated with oral antibiotics or ear antibiotic drops. However, very few are aware of the poor effects of antibiotics:
According to Dr. Lawrence B. Palevsky (MD, FAAP, DABHM), a renowned pediatrician, lecturer and published author; a natural approach is not only more sensible, but also it’s more effective!! One of the natural interventions that Dr. Palevsky recommends is chiropractic.
A recent literature review in the Journal of Chiropractic Medicine underlines how effective it can be, as children have benefited under chiropractic care for more than 100 years. The article, written in 2012, critically evaluated 49 articles and discovered that several case series, case reports and clinical trials all come to the same conclusion: chiropractic adjustments can help kids to heal natural even from ear infections! No adverse effects were observed during the treatment of the child.
Very few are aware of the benefits of regular chiropractic care and its role in wellness and functioning of the body. Not only does it help children/people with neck and back pain, it also allows them to express a greater state of health - even being able to overcome repeated infections when neuro-immune function is restored. We believe if every child was under chiropractic care, ear infections wouldn’t be the epidemic that is today.
Otitis media and spinal manipulative therapy: a literature review (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3437347/)
Benidorm is not only one of Britain's favourite holiday hideouts but is also best known in the UK for the British ITV sitcom “Benidorm”, written by Derren Litten.
The 8th season show is currently filming with a full set of actors, directors and extras in the heart of Benidorm. Some of which visit us at Advanced Chiropractic in their time of need. It is not uncommon for the hard working cast, like the starting actors Bobby Knutt and Hannah Waddingham or the director David Sant, to experience pains and discomforts as a result of minor problems with the spine.
The reasons behind back and neck problems are unique to the individual and the job they do on the set. For the director it means possibly sitting for prolong periods of time, for the camera man it is carrying heavy equipment and for the actors it could be related to increased stress levels as the Benidorm Season 8 is filmed in a relatively short time. Many hours standing can put excessive stress on our body.
At Advanced Chiropractic we are experts at analysing spinal structure. In case we find vertebras moving abnormally we utilize specific and gentle chiropractic adjustments to correct the spinal malfunction. We are pleased that we could be of assistance for the continuation for yet another series of the popular tv show “Benidorm”.
“Working as the director it is essential that I can move my neck freely without discomfort. The excellent treatment by Advanced Chiropractic has made me regain my full range of motion and flexibility. My neck stiffness is completely gone. Thank you! “
- David Sans. Director of Benidorm Series 8
“I am an actor working in Benidorm, Spain. I was suffering with acute lower back pain with every step I took. Being an ex weightlifter I have endured this sort of injury in the past and always resorted to painkillers but this time they didn’t work. My film company recommended a chiropractor and Bill Dimoulis was the guy I saw. Within 3 weeks my pain was ended entirely. Thank you Bill, you are a miracle worker”.
-Bobby Knutt. Actor at Benidorm Series 8